Job Ref: DJHC4309
Role: Customer Operations Manager
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: £55,000-£65,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Please note that Douglas Jackson are managing ALL applications for the recruitment of this role. Please send all applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience – potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and exceed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
You’ll become part of a friendly, sociable and collaborative team who support each other to achieve their goals. It’s an exciting time to join us, as we’re growing this part of the business and have ambitious plans to transform our customer experience, meaning you’ll have the chance to make a real impact and help to lead us on our journey.
We are currently coming to the end of a 3-year transformation programme which will see us become the first Utility company in the UK and second in the world to deploy a Salesforce based SaaS billing & CRM solution, meaning you’ll be joining our progressive team and organisation at a time where we are embarking on a customer and digitally led journey to become industry leaders.
We provide the ideal environment in which to achieve your full potential. As a Silver Investors in People accredited organisation, we place a big emphasis on development. You’ll receive excellent in-house training to ensure that you succeed in your role.
For those with the ambition, there’s plenty of scope to progress into other areas of the business as we boast multiple progression routes and can offer plenty of potential to diversify and develop your career through apprenticeships and professional qualifications.
Salary of up to £65,000 per annum DOE
Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva’s Group Personal Pension Plan
Free on-site parking or in local area
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Potential home working options
Reporting into the Head of Department, our Customer Operations Manager is accountable for managing the end to end customer service, delivery of exceptional Service performance and operational improvement, spanning;
• Overall Customer Experience and delivery of agreed qualitative and quantitative service, productivity, revenue, cost and control objectives
• Customer Services and Support: Home Move and Onboarding, Billing Enquiries, Customer Experience Feedback and Proactive Exceptions Outbound Engagement
• Customer Billing and Meter Reading
• Workforce Planning, Management, Forecasting and Scheduling
• Acting support to the Head of Department
In addition to these functions the role may be required to manage and support other business areas and functions as reasonably required.
The Customer Operations Manager’s main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Lead, manage and motivate the Customer Service Team Leaders and their teams to deliver exceptional levels of performance & customer experience through strong communication, coaching and performance management.
• Set KPI’s goals and objectives for the Customer Service Team, implementing actions to improve performance to deliver increased value for our customers and shareholders and to meet Regulatory targets.
• Implement our customer service strategy, maximising the use of self- serve options to drive down cost to serve
• Create a great place to work, industry leading employee engagement and retention through strong development, engagement and recognition initiatives.
• Working collaboratively with the leadership team in analysing trends within the organisation and functions, in relation to service drivers and upheld ratios
• Working with our Customer Experience and Service Improvement Managers to drive change within the Business to continually innovate the customer experience and processes to improve satisfaction and NPS as well as service handling efficiency
• Oversee and manage our workforce and planning function to ensure timely and accurate forecast plans are in place and executed, monitored and evolved continuously
• Manage and execute our channel strategy alongside our Customer Experience Manager to ensure our customers retain need-based choice whilst driving operational efficiency through new and innovative engagement methods, including online, digital-voice, social etc.
In addition to these main duties our employees are required to approach their role with a ‘can do’ attitude and strive to deliver the very best for our customers and colleagues at all times.
Other organisations may call this role Customer Services Manager, Operations Manager, Customer Experience Manager.
Here at SES Water, we recruit people based on their potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. To join us as a Customer Operations Manager, you will need:
• Contact Centre Operational leadership background is first and foremost
• Experience of procurement and Tendering of customer and contact centre solutions
• Strong people skills and the ability to collaborate with a range of audiences
• Great decision-making, communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills at varying levels
• Life assurance
• Bonus scheme
• 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
• Give as you earn scheme
• Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber – Aqualibrium – our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
• Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
• Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
• One day paid volunteering a year
• Discounts with our subsidiaries and local retailers
• Overtime opportunities
This vacancy is being advertised by Douglas Jackson, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Douglas Jackson are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are eager to take on a new challenge as our Customer Operations Manager, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
We welcome all applicants, and this employer is committed to and keen that their leadership teams reflect the diversity of their employees and customers. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, or to learn more about their commitment to Diversity and Inclusion please do get in touch.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV to: email@example.com or visit: http://www.douglas-jackson.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your CV and if we are able to progress your application then a consultant will be back in touch with you to discuss your application and interest in more detail.
Follow us on Twitter @callcentrejobs1
Douglas Jackson are a specialist recruitment consultancy and executive search company, working to hire exceptional talent for Executive, Managerial and skilled practitioner level appointments. Working in partnership with customer focused organisations, we offer a professional, trusted and quality service, to identify, attract and hire talented professionals within Operations, Strategy, Customer Experience, Intelligence, Customer Insight, Sales, Service, Planning, Data, Programmes, Change Transformation, Digital and Customer Contact.
Douglas Jackson are working as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and or territory/location specified. We will not be able to enter into any discussions or offer any assistance regarding sponsorship.