Job Ref: DJHB32059
Job Title: Credit Operations Strategy Manager
Location: Birmingham, Midlands
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum + package
Employment Type: Permanent
We are currently partnered with a highly regulated business based in the heart of the Midlands who are looking to introduce a Credit Strategy Operations Manager into their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in the collections and debt recovery space to take responsibility for the design and delivery of a well-respected and trusted business’ strategic approach to their recovery of income.
Working as part of a collaborative and friendly team, you will have the opportunity to spearhead the credit and collections strategy and identify new and creative ways to recover revenue.
Responsibilities will include:
• This position will require you to be responsible for a multi-million pound budget covering labour costs and working with Third Party Collectors and you will be responsible for delivering cash collected targets.
• Being part of a strong leadership team within a growing and evolving income and collections function that are looking to improve their performance through the development of a culture of continuous improvement.
• Supporting the business’ medium-term plan, you will be developing and delivering an Income and Debt strategy through the readiness of processes and service teams to deliver these strategies effectively.
• Working closely with the Exec teams and peers in the Senior Leadership Team to develop and execute effective collections and income activity.
• Seeking and analyse data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organisation’s overall strategy
• Taking an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new and innovative ideas that will stretch the operation and push the boundaries within the industry.
• Effectively balancing the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the operation is capable of handling, to create realistic and tangible goals and implementing plans that are achievable and ultimately successful.
You will ideally:
• Have held a senior operations role leading collections activity in a complex and growing business.
• Bring a commercially minded approach; either having had P&L responsibility or you will be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen.
• Have a background in credit control and debt management – ideally with some income maximisation experience.
• Have the ability to lead and motivate teams of senior people to deliver excellent results.
• Have experience in collections activities, ideally within Utilities or Financial Services – specifically in income generation and debt collection best practice.
• Be able to manage day to day performance whilst supporting and leading group wide change.
• Show proven ability to set and manage strategic goals.
• Have managed multiple complex and interlinked operational functions.
• Have consistently overachieved against targets, in a fast paced growing organisation.
• Have strong stakeholder management skills, with an ability to influence outcomes.
If you’re in the Credit, Collections or Debt space, are of influencing nature and have the ability to confidently define strategic plans, then this could be just the role for you. The team are a pleasure to work with and the culture and values of this organisation enforce a strong workforce and a team that have excellent retention rates at all levels.
This is a rare opportunity that has arisen with a business who are strengthening their team and are offering an opportunity to be a huge part of the next phase of their growth.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV to: email@example.com or visit us at: http://www.douglas-jackson.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your CV and if we are able to progress your application then a consultant will be back in touch with you to discuss your application and interest in more detail.
Follow us on Twitter @callcentrejobs1
Douglas Jackson are a specialist recruitment consultancy and executive search company, working to hire exceptional talent for Executive, Managerial and skilled practitioner level appointments. Working in partnership with customer focused organisations, we offer a professional, trusted and quality service, to identify, attract and hire talented professionals within Operations, Strategy, Customer Experience, Intelligence, Customer Insight, Sales, Customer Service, Resource Planning, Data, Analytics, Programmes, Change, Transformation, Digital, Contact Centre and Customer Contact.
Douglas Jackson are working as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and or territory/location specified. We will not be able to enter any discussions or offer any assistance regarding sponsorship.