Job Ref: DJHC4308
Job Title: Head of Collections
Location: North West
Salary: Up to £70k salary plus benefits
Employment Type: Permanent
I am looking for a Head of Collections for a forward-thinking organisation who prides themselves upon doing the right thing by people. This is a multi-site role.
You will be responsible for setting the collections strategy for the operation.
• Develop the total debt management strategy providing clear vision for prevention, early intervention and arrears recovery
• Develop specific targets for customer arrears, business drivers, systems, priorities and associated risks (including mitigation action) for the collections function
• Ensure that the business delivers excellent services to its customers by providing top performing, innovative income management services with focus on customer engagement and support
• Lead and develop the collections team to deliver a best in class service by providing clear direction, regularly reviewing work outputs, setting improvement targets and appraising individual performance
• Undertake the role of strategic lead for the collections function taking ownership of the associated policies, procedures and systems
• Act as subject matter expert for the collections function ensuring compliance with relevant bodies and best practice standards
• Ensure that customer needs and requirements are acted upon as a priority
• Ensure commercial viability of the function, providing the necessary management reports and ensuring the best possible commercial performance
• Demonstrable strong operational experience of collections and/ or debt management
• Proven ability of creating a collections strategy and translating this into meaningful plans that have delivered positive outcomes
• Experience of successfully leading and motivating operational teams
• Customer centric
• Performance focused
• A driver of change
• Peoples person being able to effectively build credible relationships at all levels
• Collaborative and open communication
We welcome all applicants, and this employer is committed to and keen that their leadership teams reflect the diversity of their employees and customers. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, or to learn more about their commitment to Diversity and Inclusion please do get in touch.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you will need to have a proven track record of working in a customer service environment, and ideally within collections and/ or debt management, managing specialist staff and stakeholders, in very people centric cultures.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV to: email@example.com or visit us at: http://www.douglas-jackson.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your CV and if we are able to progress your application then a consultant will be back in touch with you to discuss your application and interest in more detail.
Follow us on Twitter @callcentrejobs1
Douglas Jackson are a specialist recruitment consultancy and executive search company, working to hire exceptional talent for Executive, Managerial and skilled practitioner level appointments. Working in partnership with customer focused organisations, we offer a professional, trusted and quality service, to identify, attract and hire talented professionals within Operations, Strategy, Customer Experience, Intelligence, Customer Insight, Sales, Customer Service, Resource Planning, Data, Analytics, Programmes, Change, Transformation, Digital, Contact Centre and Customer Contact.
Douglas Jackson are working as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and or territory/location specified. We will not be able to enter into any discussions or offer any assistance regarding sponsorship.